Sunday, November 17, 2013

My First Impression: The class





I must say that this is the first time in my life where I belong to such an international class! I felt in a dream, excited to talk with everybody. Well, above all, I was looking forward to listening to everybody. I love to meet new people and learn from other cultures, and this is one of the reasons because I have chosen these studies. In the beginning, I thought that I knew a little bit of every culture, but I realized how little knowledge I had about them! Stereotypes were flying above my head, like this little flies that are very annoying when you open the window. And that is what happened, I opened the window. And something amazing happened while I was getting rid of them!





I think that there is always a reason/origin because a picture becomes a stereotype, even if it is not the reality that represents the entire concerned group. And not be aware of that matter, may be very dangerous!
But in my case, I came here with the mind, eyes, and ears completely open, and there is nothing more pleasant than hearing how others see life from a point of view that, otherwise I wouldn't have taken in consideration, ever.
I feel like there are people that really look forward to telling others their point of view, and the way they have been living in their respective countries. And other people might have learned (I guess) that in Europe is frowned upon certain aspects of their culture, and I perceived a bit fearful to express their opinion or explain those parts of their culture that may not be accepted here. I guess, for me it is easy to do it, being as there are only several things that are different from Danish culture, but in general, we share many values or the way to see life... Anyway, I think we all have in mind the following words, or else we wouldn't choose to be where we are (or else we are in the wrong place) so I hope that everybody, sooner or later, feels free to talk openly about their culture, or whatever they feel to:




I must say, that everybody was very nice and friendly from the beginning, and that makes a huge difference in the time spent at the college as if people were behaving in another way. It is such a nice environment! And I really appreciate seeing how everybody do their best to make this happen.




Thanks all of you, for making me feel so good, and for making my time at the University so easy and bearable!

No comments:

Post a Comment